The Club hosts fund raising "sausage sizzle" at Dan Murphy's, Mermaid Waters every Saturday between 8 and 1. The revenue is an important part of the clubs budget. Members are asked to allocate some time to assist the club....see you at the club at 8, to load the gear.
Members are encouraged to head to https://getsetforthegames.com for details and also register for the newsletter. The club is actively seeking additional information for members. Your best plan is to expect delays and parking restrictions in the area.
The Committee have endorsed the program for the 2017/2018 Season and are focused on building upon the success of 2016/2017. Entrant numbers have steadily increased over the past few seasons and the handicap start is aimed to bring all swimmers of any competency to the finish line in a tight group.
There was a rumour rattling around the club house this week that the referee has reinstated rule 24.1.76...."last years winner starts from the club car park". Given that ruling, the Committee are expecting to see the 2017/2018 season with a hotly contested second and third place.
All races are on Sundays and start at 10.30am sharp, at the flags. You'll need your club cap and pink rashie.... and only one other thing....the willingness to have fun.
Lock in these date
26 November 10 December 11 February 25 February 11 March
Members are invited to attend one of the Skills Maintenance dates for their annual proficiency update. Dates for 2017-2018 are:
- Sunday 10 September 2017
- Sunday 15 October 2017 - cancelled
- Sunday 12 November 2017 and Sunday 26th November
All members should be at the club to sign on by 8am. You must be financial, i.e. paid your membership fees for 2017-2018, and bring your pink rashie and club cap. No one will be able to participate without these.
Jet Ski Operator Courses 4 starts in mid November, followed closely by Course 5. An information sheet has been posted on the Life Saving and Sports page.
Thanks and look forward to the start of the new season.
Ashly Wilson, Chief Training Officer
The new Patrol Operations Centre (POC) will soon start to jump out of the ground following the completion of footings and the curing of concrete foundations. Steel work starts Tuesday 14th and Practical Completion is scheduled for the 22nd December. A great Christmas present and members remain ..as always, thankful for the hard work by the President and Alder Construction, in bring the vision to reality.
Look no further the App you have been waiting for is here!
- free to all members to download
- no logins or passwords required – simply click on the information you need
- loaded with current information regarding all operational areas: lifesaving; junior activities; member protection; and policies and lots more
- member news and events sections with regular updates
- calendar of member events and sports carnivals
- in built search feature so it is much easier than trying the portal
- email files to yourself and others directly from the app
- don’t have access to your phone…. it is also replicated on the SLSQ website: http://lifesaving.com.au/slsqmemberapp/ so you can view it from your computer or tablet!
Head to our Members Information area for all the details.
Membership at BBSLSC operates on an anniversary date of the 1st October. For more information on your entitlements linked to this date, go to the Membership page.
SLSQ has confirmed that they have adopted a new process for the review and appointment of members to the roles associated with Operational Support. The information sheet provides greater detail to those members who may have an interest in making an application. Please contact SLSQ or the club secretary for a copy of the SLSQ information sheet.
Broadbeach SLSC Management Committee would like to extend a huge thankyou to a lot of members for a HUGE weekend (7th and 8th October). Added to fulfilling regular patrols and nippers program, we saw nearly 40 members volunteer their time.
Member dedication extended to the Coolangatta Gold event:
- the Carnival Committee
- Dirty Dozen Boys organising gear
- Fossil Force Cooking a fundraiser BBQ and providing a workforce and
- IRB water Safety
Members dedication extended to a Triathlon on Sunday morning:
- 12 Board and
- 1 IRB Water Safety.
Supporters Club members at the Function Room
- Supervisors looking after one of the biggest functions Broadbeach has seen in a long time!!
Broadbeach survives on these fundraising efforts by all members.