Broadbeach SLSC Training
Under the leadership of the Chief Training Officer, Broadbeach SLSC has an active program running accredited training courses throughout the year.
Skills maintenance dates: 2017-2018
Members are invited to attend one of the Skills Maintenance dates for their annual proficiency update. Dates for 2017-2018 are:
- Sunday 10 September 2017
- Sunday 15 October 2017 (cancelled)
- Sunday 12 November 2017 and 26 November 2017
All members should be at the club to sign on by 8am. You must be financial i.e. paid your membership fees for 2017-2018, have completed the Skill Maintenance test (online or paper based via SLSA eLearning) and have your pink rashie and club cap for the surf/beach component. No one will be able to participate without these.
Members with an interest in renewing and gaining awards are encouraged to contact the Chief Training Officer by email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and look forward to the start of the new season.
Nipper training program – September to April including the following certificates:
– Surf Play One (U7)
– Surf Play Two ((U8)
– Surf Aware One (U9)
– Surf Aware Two (U10)
– Surf Safe One (U11)
– Surf Safe Two (U12)
– Surf Smart One (U13)
Surf Rescue Certificate
Annually in September the club hosts a Live-in Camp at the Clubhouse for Surf Rescue Certificate (13 year old) and Bronze Medallion (15 year old). These two courses are a week-long intensive, live-in training and participation qualified lifesavers and move into beach patrolling. Broadbeach SLSC is the only club able to offer this due to its unique position of providing male and female bunk rooms. The club's Surf Camp is held in the first week of the September School holidays.
For adult members (15yrs. or older) the club provides training courses throughout the year for members to become qualified patrolling lifesavers. This takes approx eight weeks and you must be able to swim 400m in under 9 minutes to begin the course. Register your interest in the course at email@example.com
Training in lifesaving certificates including
The South Coast Branch offers award courses in the upcoming season which are available to members at no cost. The courses are well attended and require your advanced registration. Contact South Coast Branch or our club.
– Tractor Induction
– 4WD Induction
– First Aid -
8am @ South Coast Branch -
7 October, 9 December, 3 February, 21 April and 9 June,
– Bronze Medallion annual proficiency -
– Advanced Resuscitation Techniques -
8am @ South Coast Branch
23 September, 11 November,
20January, 17 March, 12 May and 15 July.
– Assessor IRB Drivers. Crewies - takes approx. 4 weeks and you must have your Bronze Medallion to begin the course; Drivers - takes approx. 6 weeks and you must have your Crewies and a marine license to begin
– Assessor Bronze Medallion
– Course Assessor TAA Program
– Helicopter Underwater Escape Training
– IRB Crewman Certificate
– Marine Licence
– First aid and ARTC (Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate) One-day courses are available to all members, in house (numbers permitting) or at other clubs
– RWC Induction Award
– Silver Medallion Basic Beach Management
– Silver Medallion IRB Driver
– Tractor Induction
– Training Officer IRB
- Jet Ski Operator